The Humanist Resource Connection is dedicated to organizing resources that foster the understanding, discussion, advocacy and application of the principles of secular Humanism.
"Understanding Evolution is a non-commercial, education website, teaching the science and history of evolutionary biology. This site is here to help you understand what evolution is, how it works, how it factors into your life, how research in evolutionary biology is performed, and how ideas in this area have changed over time."
- Evolution 101
- Teaching Materials
- Resource Library
- Evolution Primers
- Deep Time
- Defining Evolution
- Definitions of Fact, Theory, and Law in Scientific Work
- Earliest Evidence of Life
- Entropy in Muffins
- Evolution and the Origin of Races
- Geology of the Cambrian Explosion
- How Old is the Earth?
- Locations of Oldest Rocks
- Species Concepts in Modern Literature
- The Age of the Universe — Measuring Cosmic Time
- The De-riving Force of Cladogenesis
- The Evolution of Biological Complexity
- What is Homology?
- What is Paleontology?
- What is Science?
- Evolution Education
- Video and transcript from the Miller/Morris Debate (1981)
"On April 10, 1981, at Brown University, Kenneth R. Miller of Brown University and Henry M. Morris of the Institute for Creation Research debated whether 'the theory of evolution is superior to the theory of special creation as an explanation for all the scientific evidence related to origins.'"
- British Humanist Association: A Humanist Discussion of Creationism (PDF)
- PBS.org's evolution site
- American Humanist Association: Evolution v. Creationism: the Politics, the Science, the Debate (videos)
- AHA: Talking about "intelligent design"
- AHA: The Importance of Honoring Darwin
- AHA: Books about Evolution for Children